Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Me Candy Mandy....mmmmm candy..and here is my first post!

Mandy here!!!! 

I'm so excited to share this blog with Alicia and Beth! I think it will be such a great source for motivation and recipes for a healthy and happy lifestyle! 

Bethany is my personal trainer that I don't pay (ha!). Before I got pregnant with Ellie she would show up unannounced and demand that I go on walks with her. I honestly don't think I would have lost the weight if it wasn't for her! I remember loosing 30lbs in one month back then, loosing weight was so easy for me. All I did was walk and eat healthy and the pounds just melted off. I don't know if it's because I'm older now but the weight is not coming off! I have to actually run and eat extremely healthy for weeks to see one pound lost. ugh :/ 

Alicia has always been my motivation in life. She has such a kind and giving heart and her body always looks good! I love her vegan cooking. she has the best recipes and I know I will use ton's of them on this "journey to fit" I am taking. She is my "peace keeper, hippie sister" ha ha yoga, vegan, and women's rights! I wish I was more like you Alicia!

Beth and Alicia are my perfect team because I need Beth's crazy intense workouts and Alicia's recipes and support to help me succeed. 

I have been eating clean and working out daily for a month now and little by little I'm noticing a change. Do I wish It would happen faster? of course. but I know I need to be patient and I will see the results I'm trying my  hardest to achieve. 

I thought it would be good to share a couple of my meals that I have been eating, I'm a lazy cook, I try to eat as healthy as I can as fast as I can make it. 

Here are my banana pancakes:
one smashed banana (not blended)
two eggs 
mix!
I use coconut oil spray but I guess you can use any non-stick spray
These guys are pretty hard to master at first because they break easy. I pour a small to medium size batter on the pan (small enough for your spatula to flip it easily), wait a couple minutes for it to brown then flip. I usually can only make one pancake at a time so this actually takes me around 15 to 20 min to make.
I top these yummies with organic peanut butter, fruit (any fruit works), and drizzle a little honey on top. I did add cinnamon to the batter one time and it was just as good. These are great because you can use any ingredient you want, just try to make them simple "clean' ingredients. : )





I buy these chipotle black bean burgers all the time! They are 7g fat and a whopping 17g protein! I use them as a meat substitute to put in burritos or I usually just cook one in the microwave for two minutes, chop up, top with lettuce, avocado, cilantro, and any other veggies.

I also love to mix these with coos coos and hot sauce.




If I want a quick breakfast I mix Greek yogurt with some granola mix I got from Costco (I love Costco). I also have a small shot of odwalla super food drink to give me some energy in the morning.


For dinners I love to have anything with chicken and veggies. I am hoping to cut out all meat from my diet but its hard for me not to eat chicken and turkey. I cut out beef and pork over a year ago, I just don't like the meat and I really don't like how that meat was killed, anyways that's a conversation Alicia would do better talking about!





Lets talk about my goals, I want to be a runner. I just want to go for a 5 mile run and not die. Doing a half marathon would be an amazing, I will do one someday.

I want to be in the 130's. my personal trainer (Beth) tells me not to focus on numbers so I agreed that I want to fit in size 4/6 jeans. Not too much to ask right?

I cant't wait for us to look like this on August 10th, 2014. YOU should do it with us!

I am really proud of myself, I usually crack and give up after a week. 4 weeks and I not giving up anytime soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Great job! I started back up this week and am totally committed to it as well! Wish I was home earlier to actually workout with you ladies instead of my late night workouts! Would love to give some at home CrossFit workouts if you need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie that would be awesome!! Pattrick doesn't usually get home till late either and that's when I'm able to usually go workout so of you need a buddy ever let me know :)

      Delete